The 2018 Project One Film Scramble: What is Happiness?
Georgia Tech undergraduate filmmakers at all levels of experience are invited to compete in the 2018 Project One Film Scramble.
The Project One Film Scramble is a timed filmmaking competition. Georgia Tech undergraduates are challenged to create short films—from concept to completion— about resilience in one fast-paced, caffeine-fueled weekend. Films can be any genre—science fiction, horror, romance, comedy, documentary—as long as the theme of your film is "What is Happiness?"
Filmmakers will be given a prop and a line of dialogue during the online kickoff on Friday, March 9 to be included in their short film masterpiece. Films must not run more than 3 minutes in length, including credits.
Select completed films will be shown on the big screen at the premiere event on April 11, 2018 at 7:00pm in the Student Center Theater.
Students can register to participate here any time between February 23-March 8.
For the complete schedule of events, see the Project One Film Scramble timeline.
Submission guidelines can be found here: Film Scramble Submission Guidelines
Click here to watch the entries for last year's Film Scramble.
Film Scramble Information
- Films must be made by in their entirety by current Georgia Tech undergraduate students
- Films must be submitted online to the Project One website.
- Films must not exceed 3 minutes in length (including credits)
- All submissions must include the assigned prop and line of dialogue and the theme of the film must be “What is Happiness?”
- All films must be submitted by the final deadline: March 12, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Film Screening & Awards
Select films will be screened on April 11 at the Student Center Theater at 7:00 pm, and one film will be awarded in each of the following categories:
- Best Writing
- Best Editing
- Best Directing
- Best Overall
The winner in each category will receive a $200 Visa Gift Card. More information about the Film Scramble award categories can be found here.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.