Applications for 2020 Team Leaders are now open! Click here to apply.
GT 1000 & 2000 Team Leader Qualifications
Team Leaders serve as mentors and role models to new Georgia Tech students. As such, we look for motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic undergraduate students. The minimum requirements to serve as a TL are:
- Completed at least one semester at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar's Office.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training. Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students' Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year students.
- Promote and support the GT 1000 & 2000 program.
Team Leader Application Process
To be a Team Leaders, students must apply online. After applications have been reviewed by program staff, candidates will be notified via email if they have been selected for an in-person interview.
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified via email if have been selected for an interview. (New TLs only)
- Interviews will be held in Spring 2020 (New TLs only) and applicants will be notified of final selections by mid-March.
- All Team Leaders must attend one mandatory TL training session, which will be held on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
If you have questions about the Team Leader program or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.