GT 1000 Instructor Qualifications
Faculty, administrators, and professional staff from across campus are welcome to apply to teach GT 1000. The minimum qualifications for instructors are:
- Master's degree or higher (Candidates with a Bachelor's are eligible to teach alongside a co-instructor with a Master's)
- Permission from supervisor, director, or department head/chair
- Currently employed at Georgia Tech for at least one year and in good standing
- Enthusiasm for teaching college students, especially first-year students
- Attendance at the one-day GT 1000 Instructor Workshop on June 11 (8:30am-4:30pm)
- New Instructors only: Attendance at New Instructor Workshop on May 21 (2pm-4pm)
All instructors, both new and returning, are required to apply to teach GT 1000 each year. The process to apply is:
- Complete the GT 1000 Instructor Application
- Meet with the GT 1000 program director for a brief interview (new instructors only)
- Attend the GT 1000 New Instructor Workshop on May 21 (new instructors only)
- Attend the GT 1000 Instructor Workshop on June 11
The full timeline for the 2019 Instructor Application process can be found here.
If you have questions about teaching GT 1000, please contact Dr. Lacy Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 385-7648.