About GT 2000
GT 2000: Transfer Student Seminar was developed to fulfill the unique needs of incoming transfer students at Georgia Tech. For many transfer students, matriculating at a new institution can result in "transfer shock" and Georgia Tech's rigorous academics can prove challenging for many students. In order to ensure that our transfer students transition smoothly to academics and campus culture at Georgia Tech, GT 2000 offers resources, support, and important information designed to meet the particular needs of our transfer students.
Why take GT 2000?
GT 2000 offers a number of benefits to students including:
- Opportunity to get to know and work with other transfer students, both new and experienced
- Increased retention rates
- More familiarity with transfer credits and the path to graduation
- Important information about campus resources, organizations, and programs, including:
- The Center for Academic Success -- tutoring, academic coaching, etc.
- The Center for Academic Enrichment (CAE) -- Undergraduate Research, Living Learning Communities, Student Innovation Programs
- The Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) -- internships, co-ops, career advising
- Office of International Education (OUE) -- study abroad opportunities, international plan, etc.
- Career development skills