TLAB Qualifications & Application Process
The minimum qualifications for TLAB are:
- Have at least one semester of experience as a GT 1000 Team Leader
- Be in good academic standing, with a required cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Will be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Georgia Tech during the 2017-18 academic year
- Demonstrate the ability to be reliable, responsible, flexible, and willing to help
- Understand, support, and actively work to ensure the principles, goals, and success of the GT 1000 program
- Recognize the value of GT 1000, the Center for Academic Enrichment, and the Team Leader program
- Actively participate in all TLAB events including: Team Leader recruitment, training, and interviews; GT 1000 instructor training; GT 1000 celebrations; and TLAB staff meetings.
- Review and agree to the TLAB Contract
Benefits of being a TLAB Member
The benefits of joining TLAB include:
- The opportunity to shape and improve the GT 1000 and Team Leader programs
- The chance to help over 1,800 first-year students become an active part of the Georgia Tech community
- Unique leadership and professional experience
- Free GT 1000 swag
- Lots of snacks and free food
TLAB is recruited each Fall semester. The application process for TLAB is:
- Attend a TLAB information session
- Complete and submit an online TLAB application
- Applicants will be notified via email if they have been selected for an interview.
- Individual interviews will be held with TLAB advisors
- Applicants will be notified of final selections
If you have questions about the Team Leader Advisory Board, please contact Dr. Lacy Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 385-7648.