GT 2000 Team Leader Qualifications
Team Leaders serve as mentors and role models to incoming Georgia Tech transfer students. As such, we look for motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic undergraduate students. The minimum requirements to serve as a GT 2000 TL are:
- Completed at least two semesters at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar's Office.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students' Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year students.
- Promote and support GT 2000 programming.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training in April.
Team Leader Application Process
How to apply to be a Team Leader:
- Applications for Team Leaders open each year in mid-February and are due in early March.
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified by the Team Leader Advisory Board (TLAB) by email if they received an interview.
- Interviews will be held in March, and applicants will be notified of final selections by early April.
- Team Leaders attend mandatory Team Leader training in April (dates and times TBD).
If you have questions about the Team Leader program or the application process, please contact the Team Leader Advisory Board (TLAB) at firstname.lastname@example.org.