GT 1000 Team Leader Qualifications
Team Leaders serve as mentors and role models to new Georgia Tech students. As such, we look for motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic undergraduate students. The minimum requirements to serve as a GT 1000 TL are:
- Completed at least two semesters at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar's Office.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training. Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students' Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year students.
- Promote and support the GT 1000 program.
Team Leader Application Process
To be a Team Leaders, students must apply online by January 31, 2019. After applications have been reviewed by program staff, candidates will be notified via email if they have been selected for an in-person interview. Interviews will be held on Sunday, February 24, and all candidates will be notified by mid-March if they have been selected to serve as a TL for Fall 2019.
- Applications for Team Leaders open each year in mid-February and are due in early March. For Fall 2018, Team Leader applications will open January 10, 2019. Applications will be due January 31, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified via email if have been selected for an interview by Friday, February 15, 2018. (New TLs only)
- Interviews will be held on February 24, 2019 and applicants will be notified of final selections by mid-March.
- All Team Leaders must attend one mandatory TL training session, which will be held on Sunday April 7, 2019.
If you have questions about the Team Leader program or the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.