GT 1000 Ambassador Program
GT 1000 Ambassadors
Ambassador Role Description
The primary role of a GT 1000 Ambassador is to serve as a representative of the GT 1000 & GT 2000 program on campus and externally. Ambassadors will assist with promotion of the GT 1000 & GT 2000 program at student and family events, such as FASET, Preview Tech, and Gold Carpet Day. Ambassadors will also assist with the recruitment, interviewing, and training of approximately 150 Team Leaders, and will participate in various program events, including GT 1000/2000 celebrations, Team Leader training, and Instructor Training.
Ambassadors will work directly with the GT 1000 Student Executive Board and will be advised by the GT 1000 & GT 2000 Director and Program Manager.
The minimum commitment for an Ambassador is
- Bi-weekly (once every two weeks) staff meetings
- Participation in major program events (interviews, year-end banquet, meet-and-greet events, TL training, instructor training)
- Participation in tabling and recruitment events (FASET, PreviewTech, Gold Carpet Day)
- Class visits (minimum of two during Fall Semester)
- Mandatory GT 1000 Ambassador Retreat (date and time TBD after selection of members)
- Assisting with recruitment of incoming first-year and transfer students to participate in the program, which involves FASET tabling and speaking with parents and students at FASET programs (Summer Term, but being on-campus in the summer is not required of all Ambassadors).
- Assisting with recruitment of approximately 150 GT 1000 and GT 2000 Team Leaders annually, coordinating with the GT 1000 Student Executive Board to speak to campus groups, conduct tabling events, and distributing printed information.
- Interviewing potential Team Leaders, evaluating their suitability to assist first-year students with academic-related and/or personal issues, their potential as role models, and their commitment to the program and its role on campus.
- Greeting and assisting participants at GT 1000 & 2000 events, including training sessions for Team Leaders and class instructors, an annual dinner, and a meet-and-greet for new TLs.
- Representing GT 1000 or GT 2000 as requested by campus or external affiliates.
- Must be a current or former TL for GT 1000 or GT 2000
- If you have not yet served as a TL, but will be serving as a TL in Summer or Fall 2019, you are eligible to be an ambassador
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and dedication to the mission of GT 1000 & GT 2000
To apply to be a GT 1000 or GT 2000 Ambassador:
- Complete the online application
- Applications will be open April 8 - April 14
- Interview with the GT 1000 program director and program manager
- Interviews will be held between April 17 - April 19