GT 1000 Ambassadors
The GT 1000 program solicits applications for up to ten GT 1000 Ambassador positions. A diverse cadre of student volunteers will be selected from among current and past GT 1000 and/or GT 2000 Team Leaders or class attendees to serve as representatives of the program on campus and externally.
GT 1000 Ambassador Applications are now open!
GT 1000 Ambassador Role Description
The primary role of a GT 1000 Ambassador is to serve as a representative of the GT 1000 program on campus and externally. Ambassadors will assist with promotion of the GT 1000 program at student and family events, such as FASET, Preview Tech, and Gold Carpet Day. Ambassadors will also assist with the recruitment, interviewing, and training of approximately 350 Team Leaders, and will participate in various program events, including GT 1000 celebrations, Team Leader training, and Instructor Training. Ambassadors will interact with the GT 1000 Team Leader Advisory Board, and will be advised by the GT 1000 Director and Program Manager.
The minimum commitment for a GT 1000 Ambassador is
- A two-hour time block at major events (interviews, year-end banquet, meet-and-greet events, TL training, instructor training)
- A one- to two-hour time block for tabling and recruitment events (FASET, PreviewTech, Gold Carpet Day)
- Class visits (minimum of three during Fall Semester)
- Attendance at a two-hour Ambassador Training Session (evening or weekend date and time TBD after selection of members)
GT 1000 Ambassador Responsibilities
- Assisting with recruitment of first-year students to participate in the program, which involves FASET tabling and speaking with parents and students at FASET programs (Summer Term, but being on-campus in the summer is not required of all Ambassadors).
- Assisting with recruitment of approximately 350 GT 1000 and GT 2000 Team Leaders annually, coordinating with TLAB members to speak to campus groups, conduct tabling events, and distributing printed information.
- Interviewing potential Team Leaders, evaluating their suitability to assist first-year students with academic-related and/or personal issues, their potential as role models, and their commitment to the program and its role on campus.
- Greeting and assisting participants at GT 1000 events, including training sessions for Team Leaders and class instructors, an annual dinner, and a meet-and-greet for new TLs.
- Representing GT 1000 as requested by campus or external affiliates.
GT 1000 Ambassador Qualifications
- Must be a current or former TL for GT 1000 or GT 2000 and/or a student who took GT 1000 or GT 2000
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and dedication to the mission of GT 1000
To apply to be a GT 1000 Ambassador:
- Complete the online application here
- Applications are due by Monday, 9/25 at 11:59pm
- Interview with the GT 1000 program director and program manager